Employment Opportunity (Part-Time / Contract)
MumNet is looking for a Program Coordinator to join our organization. Our Program Coordinator (formerly Office Manager) is a critical position as the first point of contact and the face of our organization to all of our members. Key responsibilities include…
- Supporting the Executive Director in the day to day operations of the MumNet organization
- Establishing, organizing, and implementing procedures and efficiencies for office management for the MumNet organization
- Supporting the organization through the use of technology such as our website, database, social media channels and planned communications
Specific accountabilities can be broadly broken down into two categories as follows:
Office & Online Administration
- Managing the online registrations for all MumNet groups
- Managing the MumNet database and online financial entries (payments)
- Ensuring the MumNet website is kept up-to-date
- Managing the MumNet inbox and phone number; assisting in all enquiries and issues
- Liaising with MumNet group leaders as needed
- Organizing and distributing administration materials each term (registration links, training documents, etc.)
- Preparing, updating, and distributing all organizational contacts (leaders, admin reps, key contacts) in a timely manner
- Promoting MumNet membership enrollment at events and groups through poster distribution, networking, and sharing social media posts
- Updating contracts for facilities
- Participating and attending fundraising initiatives as needed and assisting at the AGM
Staff & Volunteer Management & Support
- Liaising with Board members, leaders, and admin reps as required for term statistics, workshops and training sessions, guest speakers, member information, and other events
- Distributing communications to group leaders, members and alumni
- Overseeing hiring and evaluation of childcare providers
- Managing police records checks for childcare providers
- Arranging First Aid and CPR training for caregivers every three years
- Ensuring all legal and insurance-related compliance standards are met (childcare worker: child ratios, emergency protocols, worker qualifications, etc.)
- Providing general administrative support to the Fitness Manager, Childcare Manager and Executive Director to ensure smooth execution of policies
A bit about us…
MumNet is a registered not-for-profit charitable organization, founded and run by volunteer women. Our Board assists with the leadership and general promotion of MumNet to support our organization’s mission and needs. Our employees are critical to the success of the organization in their ability to manage daily operations and implement strategic priorities as determined by the Board.
Our time commitment…
The Program Coordinator will carry out responsibilities from home, up to 20 hours / week over a 42 week period, per year. Interested applicants must have a home computer, cell phone and internet access.
Our membership registration occurs in September, December and February, and planning and administration requirements may culminate around those times. Specific time commitments may vary depending on ongoing initiatives.
What we’re looking for…
Experience with volunteer management, non-profit boards, website design and/or development and marketing would be considered assets for the position.
- Excellent customer service attitude and skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to help manage communications to volunteers, employees and group members
- Database experience (creating/managing/running reports) and website updates
- Experience with Word, Excel, and mainstream social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram)
- Effective in streamlining processes, capacity to generate new and efficient ideas
- Ability to work independently from home, without a lot of direct leadership
- Passion for promoting MumNet in our local communities
If this sounds like you, please email Dominica Larkin, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions and contact details. Join us, and help us bring MumNet into our third successful decade!